Are you trying to cut down your carb intake in order to lose weight? Do you want to be fit without having to sacrifice you eating habits? In this article, we are going to explore some tasty low carb vegetarian recipes that we can eat. This article aims to provide useful information to those who monitor their carbohydrate consumption to have a better way of life.
Low Carbohydrate Vegetarian Diet Advantages:
Some of will ask, “Why follow a low carbohydrate vegetarian diet plan?” “What are the advantages from observing this kind of diet?” Here are some answers you can consider:
1. A tool for weight loss – One study suggest that practicing a low carb vegan diet plan may provide a lot of health benefits for the body and one of this losing weight. Although carbohydrates fuel our body from our much needed energy, it has the tendency to be converted into fats whenever not used and stored inside the body. Since there are roughly more overweight individuals from those who are in shape, choosing to go for a vegetarian diet plan will prove to be an effective and healthy way of reaching a fit body.
2. Can reduce risk of heart disease – apart from its weight loss benefits, following a low carb vegetarian diet can be a more reasonable solution from prevention of heart related disease. The saturated fats found in animal meats and stored fats converted from carbohydrates contain bad cholesterol which is the primary cause of heart attacks and hypertension. There’s no denying that some plants contain fatty components, but it has been proven by studies that these animal fats contain omega 3 and good cholesterol which can actually contribute to our cardiovascular health. In this case, choosing to go for a low carbohydrate vegan diet plan is definitely a feasible option to stay fit.
3. Nutritional benefits and detoxification – Vegetables and fruits contain more vitamins and minerals compared to animal products and other starchy foods. Aside from that, those who constantly include meat and high carb foods in their diet unknowingly add toxins which deteriorate the body, making it prone to some diseases. Following a vegan diet plan not only provides you with the much needed vitamins, but you are also eliminating toxins because of the antioxidants found in some fruits and plants.
4. Live longer – Studies have proven that practicing a vegetarian lifestyle can actually prolong you life. Therefore, you can be assured that you will have more time to do the things you want to do and achieve the goals you have in mind.
Some Low Carb Vegetarian Recipes You Can Delight Yourself Into:
Applying a low carb vegetarian diet into your life can really benefit you in terms of your health. Aside from that, you are on your way into making yourself fit by losing weight. So how can we take advantage of this effective diet plan? What are the foods we can eat to follow a low carb vegan diet? Here are some low carb vegetarian recipes you can try:
1. Zucchini Gratin Recipe – this is a delicious and low carb meal that can be eaten from time to time. To make this recipe, you will need the following: 2 pounds of zucchini cut into 1/4 inch thick rounds, 1/2 cup of freshly grated parmesan cheese, 2 tablespoons of melted butter, salt and pepper to taste. To make the zucchini gratin, you have to follow these directions:
– place the sliced zucchini in a medium sized pot with water and cook it for 2 minutes until the water is boiling.
– once the cooking is done drain the excess water then rinse the zucchini in cold water to stop the cooking.
– get a 10 inch pie plate and spread one part of the butter on the inside of the plate. Arrange the cooked zucchini inside the pie plate in an overlapping circular pattern and season with salt and pepper in between the layers. Sprinkle the parmesan cheese on top and drizzle the remaining butter.
– Bake for 400 degrees for 30 minutes and enjoy. This recipe makes about 8 servings.
2. Eggplant Pizzetes – in order to make this recipe, you will have to prepare these ingredients: 100 grams of fresh eggplants cut into 4 slices and peeled, 4 tablespoons of pizza sauce (or spaghetti sauce), 2 ounces of grated mozzarella cheese, sliced black olives, salt, and pepper. Here’s the procedure for making eggplant pizzetes:
– preheat the oven for 475 degrees
– season the sliced eggplants with salt and pepper and arrange them on a baking sheet. Bake the eggplants for 6-8 minutes until browned and tender.
– spread 1 tablespoon on each slices of eggplant and top it with mozzarella along with the black olives.
– bake again for another 3-5 minutes until the cheese melts. Serve the pizzetes while it’s hot.
3. Flax Seed Meal Bread – for this recipe you will need the following: 3 teaspoon of baking powder, 1 teaspoon of salt, 4 teaspoon of sucralose, 8 fl oz. of tap water, 48 teaspoons of flax seed meal, 7 large sized fresh eggs, 0.5 cup of canola oil. Here are the directions for making this recipe:
– mix all the ingredients in a bowl, bake it in a bread pan for 20 minutes under 350 degrees, and make 16 slices when it’s cooled.
While there are palpable advantages you can get from following a low carb vegetarian meal diet, it is always recommended to consult the advice of a physician or a dietician before shifting into a new diet plan. Always heed on their advice to know if you’re on the right track in making yourself healthy.
Gluten Free Low Carb Vegetarian Recipes cookbookPWPH Publications.
You have to watch your carbohydrate intake and many gluten-free products are very high in carbs .and if you simply replace your favorite cookies, cakes, breads and pastas with gluten free alternatives you aren’t really saving any calories or carbs. In fact, some of these replacements may even be higher in calories and carbs than what you were eating earlier! After all, gluten free products are typically marketed to those with celiac disease, (who have gluten intolerance) and are not being...
Carb Conscious VegetarianRodale. 2005
A distinguished chef, cooking teacher, and author of Vegan Planet introduces 150 flavorful, simple-to-prepare recipes for meat- and dairy-free dishes that eliminate refined carbohydrates, including a variety of appetizers, main courses, stews, salads, soups, sides, sauces, and desserts. Original. 20,000 first printing.
Vegetarian CookbookCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform. 2016
It is heartening to see that over time more and more people are adopting a vegan lifestyle. There are so many advantages to adopting a plant based only lifestyle than just a trim waistline.However, it is undeniable that there are many obstacles in the way of adopting a vegan lifestyle while losing weight. The primary of which is the fact that you have to alter your entire diet pattern. Most of your favorite foods might end up off the list.That's why this cookbook will provide you quick and...
The New Atkins for a New You CookbookSimon and Schuster. 2011
With more than two hundred new recipes to support your healthy, low-carb lifestyle, the New York Times bestselling New Atkins for a New You Cookbook is a must-have guide for anyone who is looking for fresh, delicious ways to lose weight and keep it off for life. The New Atkins for a New You revolutionized low-carb eating and introduced a whole new approach to the classic Atkins Diet, offering a more flexible and easier-to-maintain lifestyle. But there’s one thing people keep asking for: more...
Low-carb Diet RecipesCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform. 2016
This book contains proven steps and strategies on how to prepare a huge variety of delicious and nutrient dense, low carb vegetarian dishes. Do you always worry about what you should cook on your next meal? Are you looking to add more variety to your vegetarian meal plans? Do you want to lose weight without suffering from constant hunger pangs? Well then, this is the cookbook that you have been searching for! This book contains 135 recipes for low carb vegetarian dishes that any beginner can...
Build a better (for you) mac and cheese: Vegan, gluten-free recipesJanuary 23, 2017 - NOLA.com
There is nothing wrong with a bit of real cheese - it's low in carbs and it's a decent source of calcium and protein - but the amount typically called for in traditional homemade mac and cheese recipes can really ratchet up the calories, sodium and...
20-Minute Teriyaki Tofu Cauliflower Rice Bowl [Vegan, Gluten-Free]January 27, 2017 - One Green Planet
Who's ready to try a BIG bite of this teriyaki tofu goodness? Hand raised up real high! This teriyaki tofu bowl recipe with cauliflower rice combines protein, vegetables, and a delectable savory sauce for a healthier low-carb dinner. Each piece of...
Scranton woman puts lower-calorie spin on Buffalo chickenJanuary 29, 2017 - Scranton Times-Tribune
“(Buffalo Cauliflower Rice Chicken) is that, but it's low-carb and half the calories.” The recipe, which earned the West Scranton resident a $100 grocery gift card, mimics a chicken-and-rice dish, except it combines lean chicken with chickpeas and...
For pizza crust with a big dose of vitamins, try cauliflowerJanuary 29, 2017 - Southeast Missourian
Top your pizza crust with whatever toppings you like -- lots of cheese and meat if you're simply eating low-carb, or load up with roasted veggies and a light sprinkling of part-skim mozzarella if you want to stay low-cal. But for the crust, follow my...
16 Low-Carb and Gluten-Free Stuffed Zucchini Boat RecipesMarch 31, 2016 - Brit + Co
Move over, spiralized comfort foods; there's more than one way to turn your favorite dishes low carb and gluten-free. Lasagna Zucchini Boats: Put a spin on veggie lasagna with these zucchinis filled with red sauce, ricotta cheese and ground meat...
Vegan Mashed Turnips: Low-Carb Alternative to the Potato ClassicDecember 19, 2016 - EcoSalon
This mashed turnip recipe makes for a delicious feature at your next dinner meal. It's low in carbs and full of hearty texture and flavor to keep both your hunger at bay and your health in line. Turnips make for a lighter (and paleo-friendly...
Crock pot low carb lasagnaJuly 29, 2016 - AOL News
Meet my lasagna pièce de résistance, my slow cooker adversary-turned-amigo, the recipe that almost got away: Crock Pot Low Carb Lasagna. Cheesy, saucy, low carb, and protein-packed, this crock pot veggie lasagna is the most comforting, crowd-pleasing...
Plant-Based Weekly Meal Plan By Diet: LOW-CARB MENUMarch 4, 2015 - One Green Planet
Low-carb eating is a popular type of lifestyle that was first designed to manage blood sugar and aid in weight loss, though many people find it also helps with digestion, diabetes management, and maintaining a healthy weight (even if not trying to lose...
Looking for low-carb vegetarian main dish recipes? Allrecipes has more than 50 trusted low-carb vegetarian main dish recipes complete with ratings, reviews and ...
Low Carb Vegetarian Meals Recipes recipes like Mini Eggplant Pizzas, Oatmeal pancakes, Garlic and Olive Oil Spaghetti Squash, Scrambled Eggs for One, Egg Muffins ...
Low-carb vegan recipes - these recipes contain mainly slow-burning carbohydrates, with low glycemic impact.
This low-carb veggie dish is so epic, you might never want real pasta again. Recipe here.
Carb Count: 24 grams per serving. Low-carb vegetarian lasagna may sound too good to be true, but here it is! We’ve lightened up the creamy sauce and added spinach ...
Tasty and easy low-carb vegetarian recipes, suitable for the Atkins Diet or other low-carb diets, includes protein balls, zucchini lasagna, and tofu chips.
Welcome to A Veggie Venture's low-carb vegetable recipes, the home for vegetable recipes with 0 - 10 Net Carbs per serving. RESOURCES. Quick! How many carbs in ...
Low carb vegetarian or vegan resources | See more about Cabbages, Grain free and Artichokes.
Low-carb (and gluten-free) eating is all the rage these days, but many of those recipes are centered around meat. What’s a vegetarian to do?
A question people often ask is whether it is possible to follow a keto diet if you don't eat meat. I'm not a vegetarian but I know that it may be challenging to get ...